- This event has passed.
Bank Trainers Conference
June 25, 2018 - June 28, 2018
Train the Trainer Mini Boot Camp with Honey Shelton
Monday, June 25, 2018 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
This year’s Bank Trainers Conference kicks off with a special treat! Come learn from Honey Shelton, one of the nation’s top trainers precisely what you need to move your credibility, confidence, and skills to the next level!
- Do you have the responsibilities for training, but know that you could benefit from master level training yourself?
- Do you have people at your organization that complain they aren’t trained? Complain when they are expected to attend training?
- Do you find scheduling training and delivering training in a timely manner an ongoing battle?
- Would you like to improve on creating, developing and delivering training that sticks?
Come to this mini boot camp and benefit from learning from a pro! Leave with a boatload of enthusiasm plus:
- Tools – handouts, resources and real-world solutions!
- Tips on how to take your presentation skills up a notch
- Techniques that ensure training is on point and memorable
You will learn to:
- Use the A-E Professional Development Model™
- Align yourself with key partners at your organization
- Take charge of your training room
- Design high impact training content
- Create useful templates and job aids
- Create a learning environment that is conducive to learning and fun
Coaching & Connections in this Session
You will have an opportunity to submit questions for Honey to answer and you will enjoy learning from others in your learning pod at the Boot Camp.
This mini boot camp does not replace Train the Trainer Boot Camp as part of the Certified Training Professional process.
Pack Some Punch Into Your Training Style with Janice Branch
Tuesday, June 26, 2018 | 2:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Projecting your best self when conducting training calls for an emotional connection between you and your audience. Learn killer tips and techniques that will help your training style shine. How can I engage my audience and still control my time? What are the 5 big Dos and Don’ts when conducting training? How can I incorporate fun and humor? Beware of overkill! If it’s your job to teach them how to handle cash, do you have to tell them how a caveman managed without it?
Passion, Creativity, Smarts & Grit: Traits of the Successful Trainer with Honey Shelton
Wednesday, June 27, 2018 | 2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Trainers who work to possess these traits have learned they can dig in, work hard and have fun. If you run low on any one of these traits your stress level goes high and your effectiveness wanes. Passion, creativity, smarts and grit are job requirements for the trainer that aims to knock it out of the park.
- It’s easier to connect with learners on topics you are enthusiastic about
- How to ramp up your enthusiasm on must-learn topics
- Be authentic, learn to be a better storyteller
- A good rule of thumb, know your audience and make your training relatable to them
- Loosen up, use a little humor, help shed light on how the real world works
- Get great at interviewing experts and quote them in your presentation
- Be brave, reveal that you aren’t perfect
- Practice, record yourself, practice, reward yourself