- This event has passed.
Coaching Effectiveness for Managers
October 22, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Coaching is a dialog approach that prompts the employee to develop critical thinking skills. You can’t just flip a switch and be an effective coach. You need a process, a framework, and it takes lots of practice. We teach you the W D E P method for coaching. It is easy to remember and gives you a path to follow for almost any coaching conversation.
The manager that wants to learn how to coach will realize that they need to encourage the employee to problem-solve and self-evaluate. The reward is a more self-directed worker.
Managers who develop strong coaching skills inspire and encourage employees in the workplace in a way that brings out the best in others. Are you the one expected to address behavior issues in the workplace and often feel like you are not getting anywhere when you do? Is part of your job to learn how to tactfully have difficult or dreaded conversations with other people from time to time?
Increase the leadership skills needed to do your job! Coaching Effectiveness for Managers will give participants an understanding of motivation and how to make coaching work in a practical way! Attendees will feel empowered and reduce their on-the-job stress.
- Defining coaching and understanding the value and benefits
- W D E P tools to be to use right away
- Learn key principles that when applied help build bridges
- Build a plan around what you want and need to have happen!
- Communicate observations effectively
- Encourage positive behavior and results
- Develop your staff to higher levels of responsibility
- Refine your supervisory skills around giving constructive feedback
- Teach others how to resolve conflict
- Using recognition and incentives as powerful tools
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, those expected to lead others and those that develop training for leaders.
Janice Branch has been a Senior Training Consultant for InterAction Training for over fifteen years. She is a Certified Bank Training Professional and has all the right stuff to wow her participants. Janice is the go-to person when it comes to teaching how to coach, manage, lead, negotiate, service, sell or train at every level in an organization.