- This event has passed.
Make a Difference, Train Smarter
May 16, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Make a Difference, Train Smarter with Honey Shelton
May 16, 2019 | 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Are you tired of staff complaining about ALL THE MANDATORY training they are expected to complete? Does it frustrate you when you see people skip the content of online training and rush through the test? You expect your people to learn, so we are going to put complaining on a diet at your company!
A big way to curb training-resistance is to elevate morale. “Good job” goes a long way, but this workshop will also show you ways to reduce job dissatisfaction and increase productivity through effective training. You will learn how to prepare to train smarter with proven, practical and creative solutions and techniques.
During this program, you will discover how to design training that promotes learner involvement. We will tell you why you need to stop throwing as much information as you can at your trainees. You will also learn the proper use and purpose of training manuals.
- Solicit and keep the support of top management
- Help the supervisor understand their role in making training stick
- Conduct a needs- and audience- analysis to determine who, what, why, how, and when
- Why it’s important to engage key partners
- Identify measurable learning objectives
- Apply adult learning principles
- Take the sting out of mandatory, online training
- Stop procrastinating and launch your design for a training program
- Establish an environment that is conducive to learning
- Set-up fun and creative content opportunities for learner engagement
- Discover and use learner-centered training methods
- Evaluate the results of your training using a proven method
- Identify key components of face-t0-face training
- Best practices for conducting webinars, phone seminars, and video conferencing
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with a responsibility to train others. Especially those excited to learn tips and techniques that will help transfer training into learning.
This one day train the trainer event is a MUST for everyone that trains others!