- This event has passed.
Fasten Your Seat belt! You’re the New Supervisor!
March 27, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Fasten Your Seat Belt! You’re the New Supervisor!
A new supervisor could easily feel overwhelmed by all the responsibilities that come with the role. This program teaches participants the fine art of juggling staff, schedules, meetings, goals that must be met, and pressing deadlines. All this needs to happen while you also consider on-going training needs and serve as a back-up for the employee that didn’t come in. The list seems endless! Tune in to learn how to keep all the balls in the air without breaking a sweat.
This program will ramp up leadership skills and address critical supervisory issues necessary to become an extraordinary supervisor.
What You Will Learn:
- Deal with Resistance – What to do when you were once a teammate and now you supervise the team? How do you address generational issues or the unmotivated employee?
- Change the Focus – Learn the value of boundaries to help find the balance between the need for approval and the larger need for meeting team and company goals.
- Partner with a Mentor – Get tips on how to find a mentor and the rewards of having one.
- Plan and Prioritize – Realize that the primary job is to ensure that everything that needs to get done gets done. Planning and prioritizing departmental tasks, and assigning the right tasks to the right people, are all keys to success.
- Be Accessible – This program will help you create consistent, timely accessibility by establishing routine coaching appointments that aren’t dreaded.
- Delegation – Learn how to delegate and provide encouragement to help others take on new tasks. Manage the workload while developing team members.
- Discipline Effectively – Discover how to set expectations that are clear, specific, and realistic. Develop the skills to discipline for improved results.
- Communicate Upward and Downward – Keep management and the team informed by sharing the right information with the appropriate group.
- Encourage Teamwork – Foster input from team members and demonstrate the benefits of collaboration with the entire team for positive impact.
Who Should Attend?
New supervisors, supervisor candidates, current supervisors and managers, and those that manage and train supervisors.
Honey Shelton brings the best of both worlds to her speaking and training engagements. She has 30 plus years of experience as a training and quality improvement consultant for banks, credit unions, and related associations across the country. Her substantial banking background includes spending three years as Executive Vice President/Chief Retail Banking Officer with a $1 billion south Texas bank. Nationally recognized as an outstanding speaker, over a half million bankers have participated in programs Honey has presented. Her depth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and compelling personality have left a lasting mark on InterAction Training, the firm she founded in 1983.