- This event has passed.
Train Smarter & More Effectively
August 30, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Are you tired of staff complaining about ALL THE MANDATORY training they are expected to complete? Does it frustrate you when you see people skip the content of online training and rush through the test? You expect your people to learn, so we are going to put complaining on a diet at your company!
A big way to curb training-resistance is to elevate morale. “Good job” goes a long way but this webinar will also show you ways to reduce job dissatisfaction and increase productivity through effective training. You will learn how to prepare to train smarter with proven, practical and creative solutions and techniques.
During this program, you will discover how to design training that promotes learner involvement. We will tell you why you need to stop throwing as much information as you can at your trainee. You will also learn the proper use and purpose of training manuals.
We will look at how everyone at your organization plays a role in training and teach you how you should explain your learning culture and why you should make it part of your new-hire interviews and annual evaluations.
- Solicit and keep the support of top management
- Help the supervisor understand their role in making training stick
- Conduct a needs and audience analysis to determine who, what, why, how, and when
- Why it’s important to engage key partners
- Identify measurable learning objectives
- Apply adult learning principles
- Take the sting out of mandatory, online training
- Stop procrastinating and launch your design for a training program
- Establish an environment that is conducive to learning
- Set-up fun and creative content opportunities for learner engagement
- Discover and use learner-centered training methods
- Evaluate the results of your training using a proven method
- Identify key components of face-to-face training
- Best practices for conducting webinars, phone seminars and video conferencing
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with responsibility for training or expected to support trainers will benefit from this webinar.
Honey Shelton has more than 30 years of experience as a training and quality improvement consultant for banks and credit unions across the country. Honey has a substantial background in banking and is nationally recognized as an outstanding speaker. Her depth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and compelling personality have left a lasting mark on InterAction Training, the firm she founded in 1983.