- This event has passed.
You’re the New Supervisor
February 7, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
You’re the New Supervisor! Fasten Your Seat Belt!
If you need others to take direction from you in order to succeed, you will find this program of tremendous value. The webinar focuses on the techniques and strategies you need in order to handle your job responsibilities successfully while at the same time increasing your personal job satisfaction.
Supervisors must master the art of juggling – staff, schedules, meetings, compliance concerns, goals that must be met, deadlines that won’t wait, on-going training needs, serving as a back-up for the employee that didn’t come in…the list goes on and on. We will discuss how to keep all the balls in the air without breaking a sweat.
This program will ramp up your leadership skills and address critical supervisory issues necessary to becoming an extraordinary supervisor.
- Acknowledge Your New Role – Embrace the challenge of moving from team member to supervisor. Learn the value of boundaries. Doing so will help you find a balance between your need for approval and the larger need for meeting team and company goals.
- Plan and Prioritize – Realize that your primary job is to make sure that everything that needs to get done gets done. Planning and prioritizing departmental tasks, and assigning the right tasks to the right people, is the key to everyone’s success.
- Be Accessible – Take the time to walk around your department so you can see and hear what is going on. It’s a great way to find and take advantage of “coachable moments”. Establish routine coaching appointments with your staff to create consistent, timely accessibility.
- Encourage Teamwork – Foster input from team members and demonstrate how the success of one benefits the entire team and positively impacts the entire organization.
- Communicate Upward and Downward – Let your team in on the reasons behind decisions, then listen and share their input and concerns. This will ensure a happier, more productive workplace for all.
- Delegate – Delegating not only helps you manage your workload, it also helps team members develop important skills and become more self-supervising. Provide encouragement and follow-up, so team members know they have the support and resources they need.
- Discipline Effectively – Set clear expectations. When it comes to performance concerns, be specific with team members. Let them see how their actions impact the team and the organization.
Who benefits from this new supervisor training?
New supervisors, supervisor candidates, current supervisors and managers, and those that manage and train supervisors.
|Honey Shelton brings the best of both worlds to her speaking and training engagements. She has 30 plus years of experience as a training and quality improvement consultant for banks and banking associations across the country. Her substantial banking background includes spending three years as Executive Vice President/Chief Retail Banking Officer with a $1 billion South Texas bank.|